Why do we want to help our children learn how to set effective goals? It is because it is more than just helping your child to achieve their end-goal:
- It teaches your child the concept of intentional living
- It lets them practice their planning skills
- It teaches them that many good things don’t just happen
- It let’s them see the difference between wishful thinking (no action) and goal setting (with action)
- It helps them fulfill their potential
- It helps boosts their confidence
- It helps bring about feelings of satisfaction
Now that you’ve seen the valuable benefits, you might want to start introducing goal-setting to your child but you don’t know how.
Download the Goal-Setting printable to work through their goal-setting with your child.
It also helps when parents
- encourage our kids to persist in the face of obstacles
- celebrate their determination, small wins and effort
- remind them why they wanted to work towards this goal in the first place
- teach positive self-talk